Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lavender Sea Salt Scrub

Friendship is born at that moment 
when one man says to another: "What!  You too?  I thought that no but myself ..."
- C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves


Lavender Sea Salt Scrub


Getting together to make this lovely scrub was an idea of a very dear friend of mine.  The lavender is so fragrant and it leaves your skin silky smooth.  We were inspired by two blog posts, Centsational Girl and The Fab Housewife.  We tweaked it a bit by using pink himalayan salt and adding vitamin E oil that added not only to the look, but also to the scrubbing effect.


We started with putting about a cup and half of Pure Sea Salt and cup and half of Fine Himalayan Salt (this can be found at stores like Sprouts or Henry's.  Then we lightly ground about half cup of dried lavender buds.  Don't skip this step, because it releases oils and opens up the scents in the bud.   


After mixing the dry mix together, we then added Grapeseed Oil, Vitamin E Oil, and Lavender Essential Oil from the Temecula Lavender Company - absolutely love that store.  We measured everything based on texture and smell.  



Lastly, we scooped the decadent scrub into little jars (found at Michaels for $1.00 each) and tied on a printed label (labels found at Michaels too).

This made a lovely gift for our friends and ourselves.  I kept a jar by my kitchen sink, and after dishes I would wash my hands with this scrub and they would feel silky smooth.

Ingredient List
1.5 cups Pure Coarse Sea Salt
1.5 cups Fine Himalayan Salt
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup Dried Lavender Buds
Vitamin E Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
Little Jars
Labels and Ribbon



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this website with me...your mother and BEST friend. I'm very proud of you, Susan. Keep on caring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom! I get my craftiness and caring from you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete